25 April 2006

Killing time.

Chicago.

Yet another key sign of spring - Cubs games. Despite the fact that I likely won't attend a single one all season, I keep the schedule posted prominently beside my desk. Forget to check that, and you run the definite possibility of getting stuck on a red line train with the baseball hordes. If it were just folks going to the ballgame, it'd be crowded. But, for whatever reason, all sorts of folks - especially tourists, once summer's in full swing - decide that it'd be a great time to see Wrigley Field.

I can understand this, to a degree. It's a neat old ballpark, if a bit oversold. From the back side, it looks like any old, decrepit stadium. Visit at an off time, and it's only marginally more thrilling than visiting a municipal parking deck. Around game time, though, there's a palpable sense of excitement in the air. That said, it's not the sort of excitement I'm looking for when I'm on my way out of the office.

Tonight, of course, there's a home game at Wrigley, so I'm looking for ways to kill time. Pointless blog entry? It's a start.

No comments: