18 December 2006

On Coffee.

Madison.

I love coffee. But my particular style of coffee appreciation doesn't encompass massive, or even necessarily frequent, consumption. Caffeine makes me, for lack of a better term, wiggy. And besides, I'm more than willing to shell out a fair price for good coffee, which is harder to find than you'd think. Primary reason: most folks have probably never had good coffee. After all, when less than 2% of world coffee production is really top-grade, it's not the easiest thing to find.

I've been thinking about coffee, of late, especially as I've had the time to brew some in the lazy mornings of my end-of-the-year vacation. So, in case you ever wondered about where coffee comes from, here's more information than you ever wanted to know. (I used to work for Johnson Brothers Coffee Roasters, here in Madison, so I like to pretend I know what I'm talking about.) Check the links below for a series of digressions.

* * * * *

Coffee: Production.
Coffee: Roasting.
Coffee: Brewing.
Coffee: Flavors.

No comments: